Dance Club Auditions
ALL AGES | Saturday 8/4 and Sunday 8/5 | 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
2018/2019 DANCE CLUB AUDITION REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
HOW DO I AUDITION?
Please print the below documents, fill them out completely and bring them to the first day of auditions on Saturday 8/4 15-30 minutes prior to your audition time. There will be a NEW REGISTRATION line for you to submit the document. Please be prepared to pay all costume deposits and audition fees at that time. PLEASE READ ALL IMPORTANT DETAILS BELOW ON THIS PAGE.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to auditions for the 2018/2019 season of the OCPAA Dance Club! Please carefully review the schedule and info below and contact us with any questions.
Registration will be accepted ONLINE ONLY at the links below by 8/1/2018. After this date please email email@example.com to register.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND AUDITIONS YOU MUST STILL REGISTER BY 8/1/18 AND PAY ALL FEES (audition fee and costume deposits) BY 8/4/18.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org after you register to let us know you can’t attend. You will be contacted regarding a makeup audition.
Dancers are expected to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time to check in and handle additional paperwork if needed. All dancers must be registered individually. Team placements for technique training will be announced 2-3 weeks after auditions. The Fall/Spring class schedule will start in September 2018. Group placements will be announced by the end of September and group rehearsals will begin at that time. All placements are final and not up for discussion. New students may remain in their current OCPAA classes for August or take the Dance Club modified August schedule with teacher approval. Please contact us for more information.
ATTIRE: Dancers should be dressed in black crop tops, black jazz shorts and tan jazz or half shoes with comparable attire for boys.
AUDITION TIMES – All students must audition both days
ALL AGES | Saturday 8/4 and Sunday 8/5 | 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
REGISTER ONLINE BY 8/1/18 – Registration will close after this date. All registered and paid attendees of auditions will receive via email a packet of complete studio and Dance Club info. Please carefully review the information. Online registration will require that each student have a parent/guardian digitally sign & accept our company policies and agreement. Registration also includes the Dancer Audition Profile. All Dance Club members will be placed in two competition dances each unless more are otherwise determined by staff. All families will be contacted for approval if more dances are possible. All Dance Club members are eligible to request a solo, duet or trio in the recreational level. Requests are not guarenteed.
AUDITION FEE & COSTUME DEPOSITS – DUE BY 8/4/18
Audition fee: $50 RETURNING DANCE CLUB MEMBERS/$75 ALL NEW DANCERS payable on portal after registration – NON REFUNDABLE – new students will be contacted via email to set up an account with our studio.
Costume deposits: By 8/4 all dancers will be required to pay a $150 costume deposit for the two group dances. This NON REFUNDABLE fee is applied to your final group costume balance for the season. Solos, duets and trio costume fees will be added later.
Please carefully review the details below which give a brief overview of estimate pricing, schedules and more. Once registered for auditions all dancers will receive detailed information via email.
- Team placements for technique training will be announced 2-3 weeks after auditions. The Fall/Spring class schedule will start in September 2018. Group placements will be announced by the end of September and group rehearsals will begin at that time.
- Placement in groups and teams is decided by the teachers and shall not be up to discussion with parents.
- Teachers decide the style of dance for all groups and solos/duets/trios – not parents.
- Dance Club members may not compete on another company team at the same time.
- Dance Club members may not take privates or classes at studios with competition teams.
- All competition dances including solos, duets and trios are property of OCPAA and may not be entered in competitions under another studio.
- Tuition must be paid 12-months of the year to maintain your position on Dance Club.
- The competition season runs from February to July with approximately 3 competitions for Dance Club – 2 regionals and 1 nationals.
- The National level competition may occur out of state and require a hotel stay .
- All required competitions may not be missed.
- A SAVE THE DATE calendar will be released in the Fall. This will have most important dates for Dance Club on it. Please review this and add the dates to your family calendar ASAP.
- Participation in the studio Holiday Recital and Summer Finale is required.
- Rehearsals for the 2019 Season will begin in the Fall 2018. Please expect several impromptu weekend rehearsals to occur from September – February in preparation.
- Studio rules and dress code must be followed at all times.
- Excessive absences may be grounds for removal from Dance Club
- There will be a monthly tuition fee encompassing the 3 required classes. Please see our website for tuition fees. Other fees outside of tuition will include:
- Monthly group rehearsal fees ($15 per group/per month)
- Costume fees ($100 per group costume – includes $25 allowance for rhinestones. Anything over will be charged or a credit will be issued for costumes with no rhinestones.
- A deposit of $75 per group requested will be taken at auditions and applied towards your final costume fee
- A payment structure will be announced allowing 3-4 payments for the costume balance
- All costume fees must be paid by Jan 1 unless otherwise indicated for a later date.
- Competition fees: Estimated Fees per dance: $60 per group dance, $67 per duet/trio, and $125 per solo. About $20 more for each routine at Nationals. $5 teacher fee per every teacher you have a dance with. (per competition)
- Choreography fees for solos ($350) and duets/trios ($150 each) only (one time fee)
- Prop & prop truck fees ($150 per dancer with props in their groups) – one time fee towards the end of the season
- Music editing fees ($10 per group dance, $15 per duet/trio and $20 per solo) – one time fee due October 15th, 2018.
- Dance Club photos are required and will have a fee of $25
- Dance Club and Company will have a preview show in early 2019 to run the new dances on a stage. The fee will be $25 per dancer and approximately $15 for solos, duets and trios.
- Team gear to show OCPAA pride has varying prices (jackets, hats, shirts, sweaters, etc. for the dancer and their family)
- Private lessons are optional unless you have a solo, duet or trio and have a cost of $25-35 per 20-30 minutes. This fee is paid directly to the faculty member you have arranged the private with.
- Competition makeup, earrings, dream duffles, competition supplies (hair and makeup tools, etc.) are all additional costs to consider.
IMPORTANT: This is a TEAM sport. Dancers are expected to support their team by attending all classes, rehearsals and competitions. Each competition dance depends on the individual dancers to be present and know their choreography in order for the team to be successful. Dancers are placed in competition routines based on their age and skills and how this correlates with the other dancers in the group. Competition dances are entered in the competitions based on AVERAGE AGE and the TOTAL NUMBER of dancers in the group. If a dancer drops out this could result in the dance having to be pulled from the competition or entered in a different age or size division not as beneficial to the remaining team members. Dancers will also have to RELEARN the choreography if a team member leaves which is very disruptive. Please carefully consider your dancer’s and your family’s commitment to joining the company team and recognize the importance of staying committed to your fellow teammates.