2018/2019 Season Company Auditions
2018/2019 COMPANY AUDITION REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
HOW DO I AUDITION?
Please print the below documents, fill them out completely and bring them to the first day of auditions on Saturday 8/4 15-30 minutes prior to your audition time. There will be a NEW REGISTRATION line for you to submit the document. Please be prepared to pay all costume deposits and audition fees at that time. PLEASE READ ALL IMPORTANT DETAILS BELOW ON THIS PAGE.
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Welcome to auditions for the 2018/2019 season of the OCPAA Company Team! Auditions will be held Saturday 8/4 and Sunday 8/5 at the OCPAA Studio. Please carefully review the schedule and info below and contact us with any questions.
Registration will be accepted ONLINE ONLY at the link below by 8/1/2018. After this date please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND AUDITIONS YOU MUST STILL REGISTER BY 8/1/18 AND PAY ALL FEES (audition fee and costume deposits) BY 8/4/18.
Please email email@example.com after you register to let us know you can’t attend. You will be contacted regarding a makeup audition.
Dancers are expected to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time to check in and handle additional paperwork if needed. All dancers must be registered individually. Team placements for technique training will be announced 2-3 weeks after auditions. The Fall/Spring class schedule will start in September 2018. Group placements will be announced by the end of September and group rehearsals will begin at that time. All placements are final and not up for discussion. New students may remain in their current OCPAA classes for August or take the company modified August schedule with teacher approval. Please contact us for more information.
It is highly recommended that all students auditioning for company attend the August 1-3 Pre-Audition Intensive.
ATTIRE: Dancers should be dressed in black crop tops, black jazz shorts and tan jazz or half shoes with comparable attire for boys.
All students must audition both days in their respective age division
Ages 5 and Under: Saturday 8/4 and Sunday 8/5 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Ages 5 to 8: Saturday 8/4 and Sunday 8/5 | 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Ages 8 to 12: Saturday 8/4 and Sunday 8/5 | 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Ages 12 and Up: Saturday 8/4 and Sunday 8/5 | 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
*More experienced dancers should audition in the older age range, example: dancer is age 12 and has had has 7 years experience in competitive dance so they would audition with the ages 12 and up group at 4:00 pm. Please email us if you are unsure.
REGISTRATION DUE BY 8/1/18
All registered and paid attendees of auditions will receive via email a packet of complete studio and company info. Please carefully review the information. Online registration will require that each student have a parent/guardian digitally sign our company policies and agreement. Registration also includes the Dancer Audition Profile. This is where you indicate the MAX number of group dances the student would like to be considered for. Students are auditioning for groups therefore your requested amount may not be met but you will not be placed in more groups than requested without approval. This form also allows you to request choreographers for solos, duets/trios. Requests are not guaranteed. Solo/Duet/Trio assignments will be communicated after groups sometime in early fall.
AUDITION FEES AND COSTUME DEPOSITS
Audition fee: payable on portal after registration NON REFUNDABLE
$50 RETURNING COMPANY/$75 ALL NEW DANCERS
New families will be contacted via email to create an account with our studio
Costume fees: By or on 8/4 all dancers will be required to pay a $75 costume deposit per GROUP dance they requested. This NON REFUNDABLE fee is applied to costume costs for the season. If less dances are assigned then the deposit will be applied to remaining costume balance for the season. Solos, duets and trio costume fees will be added later. Do not consider production in the group #. If it is decided to have a production for the year you will not be required to pay a costume deposit at this time. There will be no rehearsal fees for production if we have one.
KEY COMPANY FACTS & GUIDELINES
- Team placements for technique training will be announced 2-3 weeks after auditions. The Fall/Spring class schedule will start in September 2018. Group placements will be announced by the end of September and group rehearsals will begin at that time.
- Placement in groups and teams is decided by the teachers and shall not be up to discussion with parents.
- Teachers decide the style of dance for all groups and solos/duets/trios – not parents.
- Company members may not compete on another company team at the same time.
- Company members may not take privates or classes at studios with competition teams.
- All competition dances including solos, duets and trios are property of OCPAA and may not be entered in competitions under another studio.
- Tuition must be paid 12-months of the year to maintain your position on Company.
- The competition season runs from February to July with approximately 5-7 competitions.
- The National level competition may occur out of state and require travel and a hotel stay.
- All required competitions may not be missed.
- A SAVE THE DATE calendar will be released in the Fall. This will have most important dates for company on it. Please review this and add the dates to your family calendar ASAP.
- Participation in the studio Holiday Recital and Summer Finale is required.
- Rehearsals for the 2019 Season will begin in the Fall 2018. Please expect several impromptu weekend rehearsals to occur from September – February in preparation.
- Studio rules and dress code must be followed at all times.
- Excessive absences may be grounds for removal from Company.
This is a general guideline and the final schedule will be announced at the end of August
- Ages 4-5 – 3 to 4 required classes
- Ages 5-8 – 5 to 7 required classes
- Ages 8+ – 6 to 8 required classes
- There will also be around 2-5 per team (depending on age) company only optional classes available on the schedule for the dancers to enroll in
- Please see ocpaadance.com/register for tuition fees
- If a student leaves company after groups have been assigned and rehearsals have started it will there will be no refunds for tuition, costume fees or competition fees.
- There will be a monthly tuition fee encompassing required company classes. Please see our website for tuition fees.
- Other fees outside of tuition will include:
- Monthly group rehearsal fees ($15 per group/per month)
- Costume fees ($255 per group costume – includes $25 allowance for rhinestones. Anything over will be charged or a credit will be issued for costumes with no rhinestones.
- A deposit of $75 per group requested will be taken at auditions and applied towards your final costume fee
- A payment structure will be announced allowing 3-4 payments for the costume balance
- All costume fees must be paid by Jan 1 unless otherwise indicated for a later date.
- If any costumes end up costing less than this amount the difference will be credited.
- Competition fees: Estimated Fees per dance: $60 per group dance, $67 per duet/trio, and $125 per solo. About $20 more for each routine at Nationals. $5 teacher fee per every teacher you have a dance with. (per competition)
- Choreography fees for solos ($350) and duets/trios ($150 each) – one time fee paid directly to choreographer
- Prop & prop truck fees ($150 per dancer with props in their groups) – one time fee paid towards the end of the season
- Music editing fees ($10 per group dance, $15 per duet/trio and $20 per solo) – one time fee due October 15th, 2018.
- Company photos are required and will have a fee of $25
- Company will have a preview show in early 2019 to run the new dances on a stage. The fee will be $25 per dancer and approximately $15 for solos, duets and trios. Group participation is required.
- The end of season Company Dinner and Awards Banquet has a ticket fee of approximately $35 per attendee including the dancer.
- Team gear to show OCPAA pride has varying prices (jackets, hats, shirts, sweaters, etc. for the dancer and their family)
- Competition required makeup and all accessories (makeup and hair tools, travel gear, etc.)
- Private lessons are optional unless you have a solo, duet or trio and have a cost of $25-35 per 20-30 minutes. This fee is paid directly to the faculty member you have arranged the private with.
IMPORTANT: This is a TEAM sport. Dancers are expected to support their team by attending all classes, rehearsals and competitions. Each competition dance depends on the individual dancers to be present and know their choreography in order for the team to be successful. Dancers are placed in competition routines based on their age and skills and how this correlates with the other dancers in the group. Competition dances are entered in the competitions based on AVERAGE AGE and the TOTAL NUMBER of dancers in the group. If a dancer drops out this could result in the dance having to be pulled from the competition or entered in a different age or size division not as beneficial to the remaining team members. Dancers will also have to RELEARN the choreography if a team member leaves which is very disruptive. Please carefully consider your dancer’s and your family’s commitment to joining the company team and recognize the importance of staying committed to your fellow teammates.